I've abandoned you, LJ, and I'm sorry. I've been spending an unhealthy amount of time over at Tumblr (it's all fleurdelisee
's fault, for the record. Now for the list! (Also fleurdelisee
's fault. She's got me list making now, damn it.)
1. I haven't updated Adjusting in forever, but I will. And relatively soon. I'm working on something else at the moment. Just because I want that plot out of my head
except for the three billion extra stories that are already planning themselves for that, which will inevitably turn into an entire universe
so I can get back to everything else.
2. If you've talked to me for longer than approximately ten seconds in the past month or so, you might have known I'm a little obsessed with this little movie called Newsies. And Aaron Lohr. But mostly Newsies. Made in 1992, directed by Kenny Ortega, starring Christian Bale, David Moscow, Bill Pullman, the aforementioned Aaron Lohr, and Max Casella, among tons of others. It's supposedly
about the real life newsboy strike of 1899, but I am here to tell you that that
? Flaming pile of bullshit. And the "flaming" isn't even an unintentional joke, this time. As the actors themselves mentioned in the interviews and commentaries, Newsies is more about relationships than anything else. I promise, however, to spare you the rambling and fangirling unless you ask for it. Or your name happens to be fleurdelisee
. Go give her hugs for putting up with my flailing over Aaron Lohr.
3. Points 1 & 2 bring me to this. I am writing an AU based on Newsies. Okay, it's technically going to be more of a crossover by the time I've written the side stories. But the point remains, it's going to be some of the Glee characters dropped into Newsies.
And not just because I think that Blaine is totally Glee's Jack Kelly. But that's a ramble and a half.
4. Three inches of snow apparently shuts down Tennessee. *eyeroll* Tennessee's a bunch of pansies.
5. My Newsies DVD is due either today or tomorrow. Provided we actually, y'know, get
the mail in this damned snow.
6. Telly Leung is an angel sent down from heaven above to gift us with an angelic voice and an even prettier face.
7. Also on the list of things to write is a fic from Blaine's POV based on Where Does It Say You've Gotta Live And Die Here?
which will, I can guarantee you, be worse than the original.
and myself have created a Wondertwins comm. And by "Wondertwins", I mean Wes and David. i_wondertwins
and I? Yeah, we've admitted it. We're sort of the internet's version of the Interracial Wondertwins. Minus the interracial-ness. And we're both female. But whatever. I think this fact was proven when I can't go more than two entries without mentioning her in some way, shape, or form. Yeah, I'm sad.